Monday, June 27, 2011

I fly to thy Patronage!


Praised be Jesus everyone!
Today is the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, This is a feast is centered around a miraculous I con which is in care of the Redemptoris order in Rome, this Icon is reported to be a copy of an icon painted by Saint Luke. The iconography depicts Jesus being held by Our Blessed Lady after he has been shown a vision of the instruments of the Crucifixion, Jesus runs to his mother in fear, so fast that his little shoe is falling off. Mary looks out at us inviting us also into her Motherly embrace. we can always turn to Our Mother in our time of need, she see's us in our distress, she see's us in our trials, she sees us in our sinfulness and suffering, and she wishes to help each and every one of us, because she wishes to comfort us, and ultimately intercede for us. She is truly the mother of us all!

The Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment